MEMORANDUM – REAL ESTATE TRANSFERS
To: All Citizens
From: Christopher A. Galloway, Lake County Auditor
Date: November 20, 2020
At the Lake County Auditor’s office, we are firmly committed to being public servants to the highest possible standard, without putting the health and well-being of our staff or the public at risk. We understand the importance of cooperating with anyone trying to complete real estate property transfer or dog license renewal during times of uncertainty.
Due to the impact of pandemic illnesses COVID-19 and to ensure the safe continuation of our services, we have a plan in place which allows for the continuation of most operations concerning real estate property transfers and dog license renewal.
Effective November 23, 2020 and until further notice, the Auditor’s office will be closed to the general public and will be utilizing the operating procedures set forth in the Lake County Commissioners Press Release found by clicking here.
We will be accepting transfers, mortgages, death designations and any other document that needs to be transferred and/or recorded by mail or treasurer’s drop box located in the rear parking lot of the Administration Building.
All transfers should include the following when applicable:
- Separate checks for payment to Lake County Treasurer (transfers) and Lake County Recorder (mortgages, death designations, etc.)
- Self-addressed stamped envelope for returning the documents
- All forms completed in their entirety (i.e. DTE 100, 100EX, 101, 102, etc.)
- Contact information (name, phone and email) for the person responsible for the transfer
- We reserve the right to reject any transfers based on the same criteria already in place used for transferring property. You will be contacted by telephone or email in these instances.
We will be checking the Treasurer’s drop box periodically throughout the day ending at 2:00 PM. Any documents submitted after that time will be considered a transfer for the following day.
Although we will also be accepting dog license renewal applications and new dog license applications in the Treasurer’s drop box, we prefer you mail in or use the online system for orders. To use the online system for please click here. When choosing to drop off please follow the same procedures listed here for submitting dog license renewals applications.
We will continue to watch carefully for new developments as the situation unfolds and adapt our procedures accordingly. However, if you have any immediate questions or require any further information, please direct to: [email protected] or (440) 350 -2532.