Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you've safely connected to the . gov website . Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites .


3/4/2024 – Primary Election – Levies that may impact your taxes 3/19/2023

2022 Financial Statements and Auditor Report

Lake County Landfill Financial Assurance Certification – 2022

NOTICE: Deputy Auditor – Weights and Measures Job Posting June 2024

Welcome to the Lake County Auditor’s official website!

The Auditor oversees many critical functions of Lake County government. The Auditor serves as the county’s chief fiscal officer, chief assessor, and sealer of weights and measures.  As fiscal officer, the auditor is responsible for maintaining county financial records and issuing warrants for payment of county obligations. As assessor, the auditor is charged with determining property values for taxing purposes and transferring real property deeds. As sealer of weights and measures, the auditor tests and certifies the accuracy of various commercial measuring devices, like gas pumps and commercial scales.

In addition to these formal roles, the Auditor serves as administrator of the county’s data processing center and secretary to the Data Processing Board, secretary and chairman to both the Board of Revision and the Budget Commission, and Chairman of the GIS Board. Other duties include issuing dog and vendor licenses, certifying tax rates, administering various tax reduction programs such as the Homestead Exemption.

My office is committed to serving the people of Lake County. For additional information about Auditor’s Office services, please click on the appropriate tabs and links.

Please feel free to email our office with any questions or concerns.

Yours in Freedom,

Christopher A. Galloway
Lake County Auditor

Latest News

Auditor Resources

NameJob TitlePhoneEmail
Accounts Payable/Receivable DepartmentInvoicing, vendor payments, checks paid(440) 350-2814[email protected]
Agricultural DepartmentCAUV, Agricultural Districts and Forestry(440)350-5845[email protected]
Appraisal DepartmentProperty values, assessment data/records, board of revision, property value complaints, abatements, TIF’s(440) 350-2221[email protected]
Auditor EmailGeneral Information including financial reports, audits, public record requests, office information, speaking engagement requests etc.(440)350 -2532[email protected]
Board of RevisionComplaints against value of property(440)350-2221[email protected]
Homestead DepartmentHomestead Exemption and owner occupancy credit(440)350-2532[email protected]
Payroll DepartmentPaycheck, employee information(440) 350-2524[email protected]
Real Estate DepartmentProperty transfers, homestead, owner occupancy, assessments, owner address changes, dog, vendor & cigarette licenses applications and general information(440) 350-2532[email protected]
Tax Distributions DepartmentLevies, tax rates real estate tax distribution, settlement(440) 350-2526[email protected]
Weights & Measures DepartmentTesting and inspecting of scales, fuel meters and packaged consumer goods(440)350-2535[email protected]