Information and Procedure
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS:
An Application to Pay or Deliver Estate of a Minor Without the Appointment of a Guardian may be filed with the Probate Court under the following circumstances:
- The minor is a resident of Lake County, Ohio;
- The minor is entitled to receive money from a gift, inheritance, insurance proceeds, wrongful death proceeds, or some other circumstance;
- The value of the money is less than $25,000.00.
A legible copy of the minor’s certified birth certificate must be presented with the Application. The copy of the birth certificate will not be made a part of the record.
Initial Deposit and Filings ( Cash / Check / Money Order) $85.00
- Photocopy of the child’s birth certificate
- Contact Information Form
- Self-Representation Acknowledgment Form (if applicable)
- Form 22.01 Application to Pay or Deliver Estate of a Minor Without the Appointment of a Guardian
- Form 22.02 Consent to Application to Pay or Deliver Estate of a Minor Without the Appointment of a Guardian
- Any parent, legal custodian, or legal guardian who is not the applicant must sign the consent or a hearing may be scheduled.
- If a parent is deceased, a photocopy of that parent’s death certificate must be provided.
- Form 22.3 Verification of Receipt and Deposit (if applicable)
- LCPC Form 22.04 Report of Distribution of Minor’s Estate Assets (if applicable)
All forms can be mailed to:
Lake County Probate Court
P.O. Box 490
Painesville, Ohio 44077