November 7, 2023 General Election Information NEW INFORMATION BELOW!
Lake County Board of Elections
105 Main St. Ste. 107
PO Box 490
Painesville, Ohio 44077
Email: [email protected]
Office Hours: Monday-Friday – 8:00am – 4:30pm
|LINDA HLEBAK, Chair||DALE H. FELLOWS|
|THOMAS A. TAGLIAMONTE||DAVID A. VITAZ|
DANTE J. LEWIS, Director
AMY KISTNER, Acting Deputy Director
Voter Registration Information
Register to Vote or Update your name and/or address.
Review your Voter Registration to ensure your name and address is current.
Update your Voting Address.
Voter Identification Requirements New!
Please remember to bring proper ID to the polling location on Election Day.
Ohio law requires that every voter, upon appearing at the polling place to vote on Election Day, to announce his or her full name and current address and provide proof of the voter’s identity.
The forms of identification that may be used by a voter who appears at a polling place to vote on an Election Day include:
- Ohio driver’s license, state ID card, or interim ID form issued by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (“BMV”).
- This includes a commercial driver’s license, motorcycle operator’s license, probationary or restricted license, or temporary instruction permit.
- An interim identification form is a BMV document issued to a person who has just applied for a driver’s license or state ID card, to use until the permanent card arrives in the mail;
- U.S. passport or passport card; or
- U.S. military ID card, Ohio National Guard ID card, or U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs ID card (collectively referenced in this Directive as “military ID”).
Absentee Voting & Early Voting Information
We will gladly mail you an absentee application. Simply call 440-350-2700
EARLY IN-PERSON VOTING HOURS FOR NOVEMBER 7, 2023 GENERAL ELECTION
October 11-13: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
October 16-20: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
October 23-27: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday, October 30: 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 31: 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 1 – Friday, November 3: 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 4: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 5: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
OTHER PERTINENT DEADLINES FOR NOVEMBER 7, 2023 GENERAL ELECTION
Deadline to Register: October 10, 2023
UOCAVA Ballot First Mail Date: September 22, 2023
Postmark Deadline for Mailed Absentee Ballots: November 6, 2023
Last Day to Receive Properly Postmarked Absentee Ballots: November 11, 2023
Deadline to Request Absentee Ballot By Mail: October 31, 2023
Absentee ballots may be returned by mail or personally delivered to the Lake County Board of Elections. If not returned by mail, absentee ballots must be received by our office no later than 7:30 p.m. on November 7, 2023.
ELECTION DAY IS NOVEMBER 7, 2023 AT THE USUAL PLACES OF VOTING IN LAKE COUNTY. THE POLLS FOR SAID ELECTION WILL BE OPEN AT 6:30 A.M. AND CLOSE AT 7:30 P.M.
- Who can vote an Absentee Ballot?
Anyone who is a registered voter. You do not need to have a specific reason.
- How do I request an Absentee Ballot?
A separate Application must be completed for each Election. You can obtain an Application by clicking on the link above and printing the Application or by calling our office and we will mail you an Application.
- Can I fax or email the application?
Only Military voters have the opportunity to fax and/or email their application. All Non-Military voters must submit their application by either mailing the form or bringing the form to our office. By law, we are required to have an original signature.
- When does Absentee voting begin?
Absentee voting begins 45 days before an Election for Military and/or Civilians Overseas. Absentee voting begins 29 days before an Election for all state-side.
- Can I come to your office to vote an absentee ballot?
In most elections, yes; however, for the 2020 Primary Election only voters with qualifying disabilities, voters who do not regularly receive mail at their home and voters who properly requested an absentee ballot but did not receive their ballot may vote in-person on April 28.
- When do the absentee ballots need to be back to your office?
If you are planning to mail the ballot back, then it must be post-marked by the day before the election. If you are planning to bring the ballot back to our office then it must be in the office by 7:30 P.M. Election Day.
- Can I just take my ballot to my polling location on Election Day and drop it off?
No. An Absentee Ballot can not be accepted at any of the Polling Locations on Election Day.
- How much is the return postage to mail the ballot back?
With postage rates changing, it is best to call the office to get the correct postage amount. The other option is to take the ballot to the Post Office and have them meter the postage for you.
- How often do I have to complete an absentee ballot application?
A separate application must be completed for each election that you wish to receive a ballot. For example, if there is an election in May and November, then you must complete a separate application for May and November.
- What if I will be temporarily away during the time of voting?
No problem. Complete the absentee ballot application and put your away address in the area provided for mailing address. That way you can receive your ballot at your away address and still participate in the election
- Where do I go to Vote on Election Day?
|Lake County Board of Elections||105 Main St. STE 107||Painesville, OH||44077||440-350-2700|