The next election is the May 3, 2022 Primary Election.
Lake County Board of Elections
105 Main St. Ste. 107
PO Box 490
Painesville, Ohio 44077
Email: [email protected]
Office Hours: Monday-Friday – 8:00am – 4:30pm
|DALE H. FELLOWS, Chair||THOMAS A. TAGLIAMONTE|
|LINDA HLEBAK||DAVID A. VITAZ|
R. ROSS McDONALD, Director
DANTE J. LEWIS, Deputy Director
Voter Registration Information
Register to Vote or Update your name and/or address.
Review your Voter Registration to ensure your name and address is current.
Update your Voting Address.
Voter Identification Requirements
Please remember to bring proper ID to the Polling Locations on Election Day.
Ohio law requires that every voter, upon appearing at the polling place to vote on Election Day, to announce his or her full name and current address and provide proof of the voter’s identity.
The forms of identification that may be used by a voter who appears at a polling place to vote on an Election Day include:
- A current and valid photo identification card issued by the State of Ohio or the United States government; or
- A military identification (“military ID”); or
- An original or copy of a current utility bill; or
- An original or copy of a current bank statement; or
- An original or copy of a current government check; or
- An original or copy of a current paycheck; or
- An original or copy of a current other government document, other than a voter registration acknowledgement notification mailed by the board of elections, that shows the voter’s name and current address.
A voter presenting an Ohio driver’s license that shows the voter’s former address is permitted to cast a regular ballot so long as the voter’s current residential address is printed in the official poll list of registered voters for that precinct. Voters who do not provide one of these documents at the precinct will still be able to vote using a provisional ballot. Voters who do not have any of the above forms of identification, including a Social Security number, will still be able to vote by signing an affirmation statement swearing to the voter’s identity under penalty of election falsification and by casting a provisional ballot.
For Voter I.D. purposes “current” means the document was issued on a date within one year immediately preceding the date of the election at which the voter seeks to vote, or has on it an expiration date which has not passed as of the date of the election in which the voter seeks to vote.
Absentee Voting Information
We will gladly mail you an absentee application. Simply call 440-350-2700
Early Voting is held at the Lake County Board of Elections – 105 Main St., Painesville, OH 44077