The documents listed below must be prepared by the applicant or his/her attorney, and brought into the court for filing, along with the filing fee. Once the documents have been approved for filing by the court, a hearing will be set, approximately 4 weeks from the date of filing. Per ORC 3107.14, the Adoptee and the Petitioner must be present at hearing.
Initial Deposit ( Cash / Check / Money Order Only) $151.00
- Petition for Adoption of Adult (Form 19.0)
- Contact Information Form (LCPC Form 28.0)
- Certified copy of adult adoptee’s birth certificate
- Consent to Adoption (Form 18.3)
- The adult adoptee must sign this Consent form, consenting to the adoption and it must be notarized by Notary Public or Deputy Clerk at the Probate Court
- This must be dated within 6 months of the initial filing
- Ohio Dept. of Health Vital Statistics Certificate of Adoption Form (HEA 2757)
- This for should be used when the adult adoptee was born in Ohio
- If the adult adoptee was born in a different state, it is the Petitioner’s responsibility to contact the state in which the adult adoptee was born, and determine whether Vital Statistics in that state will accept this form. If not, it is the Petitioner’s responsibility to obtain the necessary forms and complete them. The correct forms must be filed with this initial filing. If this Ohio form is submitted with the initial filing, our Court will assume that the Petitioner has determined it to be acceptable, and we will proceed accordingly.
All forms can be mailed to:Lake County Probate CourtP.O. Box 490Painesville, Oh 44077