The Tax Map Department is responsible for:
- Maintains the on-line GIS map depicting the County Auditor’s tax duplicate
- Reviews all metes and bounds legal descriptions for transfer
- Reviews all new surveys, lot splits, & plats
- Assist the public in obtaining tax maps and survey information for property in Lake County
Deed Transfer Information
All non-exempt transfers that include a metes and bounds description needs to be approved by Lake County Engineer – Tax Map Dept. The review process may take up to 3 business days. We can not guarantee a review to be completed while you wait. If you have a important transfer date, it is highly recommended that you submit your deed at least a minimum of 1 day before.
Key Points for Deed Transfers:
- We DO NOT perform pre-approvals for deed transfers. We will only review the originals. It is not required that the deed be executed and many people choose to type the description on a separate sheet of paper for the approval process, and attach it to the deed as an exhibit once the deed is executed. This can speed up the process.
- The prior deed is required to be submitted, with your original, for the review process. Please note the prior can not be an exempt transfer (i.e. Sheriff deed, transfer on death, etc…). If the prior deed is an exempt transfer you will need to get the prior to that deed.
- These documents can be emailed to [email protected] for review.
New Survey / Plat Info
New Survey Requirements
All new survey descriptions and plat of surveys shall conform to Lake County Transfer and Conveyance Standards and the minimum standards as set forth by the Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors pursuant to chapter 4733-37 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
The surveyor can submit the documents for review to [email protected]
After the initial review is complete, the surveyor will be required to submit (2) sets of originals for approval.
Click here for a copy of a sample survey plat
New Plat Requirements
In addition to all the standards set forth in the Lake County Transfer and Conveyance Standards and the minimum standards as set forth by the Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors pursuant to chapter 4733-37 of the Ohio Administrative Code, all new subdivision and condominium plats are required to be on a 18″ x 30″ mylar for official recording.
Search the recorded plat database. You can search by using either the plat name or the recording (Vol-Pg).
Lake County instituted conveyance standards on January 1, 2001. One requirement of those standards is the submission of a plat of survey when creating a lot split or a new metes and bounds description. These are the surveys submitted since the inception of our conveyance standards.
Surveys are saved by their parcel number. If the parcel was created by lot split, the survey will be saved under the out of number.
Tax Map Resources
|Bernard, Christopher||440-350-2501||[email protected]|
|Gockel, Robert||440-350-2501||[email protected]|
|Transfer and Conveyance Standards of the Lake County Auditor and the Lake County Engineer|
|Lake County Engineer||550 Blackbrook Road||Painesville||44077||440-350-2770|
|Tax Map Department||105 Main St||Painesville, OH||44077||440-350-2501|
|Railroad Valuation Maps||http://gis.lakecountyohio.gov/scannedsurveys/Railroad%20Valuation%20Maps/|