Job Overview:This position is at-will and shall report to the Clerk of Common Pleas Court through their supervisor at the Legal Division.
Primary responsibilities for this position including, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the public with all public records requests; at the counter, over the phone, electronically, and mail-in
- Preserve and protect, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) mandates and following the guidelines of the most current “Ohio Sunshine Laws Resource Manual,” all legal documents and court actions
- Maintains log of requested and corrected cases as well as current inventory list of files, boxes and books
- Processes, maintains and stores records systematically for preservation and safeguarding
- Quality control checks scanned records for accuracy and clarity
- Provides Tier 1 I.T. support for eFiling and eAccess registration
- In compliance with H.B. 9, redacts all Personal Identifiers from digital images with redaction software
- Upon the completion and approval (via The Lake County Data Board) of a current Certificate of Records Disposal (RC-3) form, assists with the discarding/disposal of records per the most current Record Retention Schedule
- Other related duties will include processing internal mail as well as transporting mail to County mailroom, retrieving physical files from offsite locations, and working in a team setting.
Qualifications:Must possess high school diploma or G.E.D. with course work or experience in office practices and procedures, basic typing, and/or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Qualified candidates must have broad knowledge of office practices and procedures, computer keyboarding and knowledge of Windows-based computer systems as well as an aptitude for serving the public. There are moderate physical requirements, such as lifting/moving/shifting file boxes (30-50lbs), in all weather conditions.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Full-time benefits package available after competition of first month.
A resume should be sent to: [email protected] by Tuesday, May 31, 2021.Tweet