The following are important notes to remember.
- To search by instrument number, a minimum of 6 digits are required, with a maximum of 10.
*An instrument number is coded as 2002R000114. In this scenario, the R (Regular) represents the instrument type. It is possible to search by putting this letter in, or it is possible to search without the letter. If you search without the letter, the returned results will be of all types of documents that match the number entered.
- To search by name, a minimum of 3 characters are needed.
- A name search should be formatted as Last Name, First Name for people, and the business name for business entities.
- If a specific type of Grantor/Grantee/3rd Party is selected, the results will be limited to documents where the name criteria matches only the selected type.
- If a specific document type and/or code is selected, the results will be limited to those types of documents.
- For document type or document code only searches, a date range can be at most 1 year.
- Dates must be entered with full 4 digit year fields.
- Both a From Date and a To Date are required.
- Searches using date ranges other than the default range will take more time to return results.